Skip To MainContent
The Judicial Branch of Arizona, Maricopa County
You are here:
Protocol and Practice of Persons Appearing in the Court of Commissioner Lisa M. Roberts
<< return to previous page
Specific Comments or Advice for Litigants
Specific Requirements or Preferences
• Litigants may not email, or telephone me directly; please work through my judicial assistant for all matters of inquiry.
Pre-Trial Practice and Management Issues
• Hard copies of all pleadings should be delivered to the division as a courtesy.
Other Pre-trial Practice Guidelines or Comments
• Litigants must follow the direction given to them regarding alternative dispute resolution, including submitting a settlement conference report in advance of the settlement conference.
• Settlement conferences, and orders of protection, are not conducted telephonically. I will consider written requests to appear telephonically for other matters, but such requests must be submitted in advance, and permission will be granted on a case by case basis.
Trial Practice and Protocol
• This Court does not work through the lunch period, or past 5:00pm.
• Party accommodations must be requested. Cases involving interpreters will be given priority.
Trial Practice and Procedure
• Technology is limited within the courtroom. Counsel may bring their own equipment, or must be prepared to present without such devices.
• My courtroom is lacking a podium, so counsel should not rely one being available for presentation purposes.
Judicial Bios Home