COVID-19 JUDICIAL BRANCH OPERATIONS AND UPDATES
The Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County is committed to maintaining access to services while keeping litigants, probationers, staff, and the public safe. We are coordinating with state and county health departments and other governmental agencies to ensure we are consistent with their guidance while fulfilling our statutory and constitutional obligations.
Physical access to the Maricopa County Superior Court is currently restricted pursuant Administrative Order 2021-073 (ORDEN ADMINISTRATIVA 2021-073) The public may search for and listen to live audio proceedings of most court events telephonically.
Effective June 1, 2021, persons entering Maricopa County Superior Court facilities must adhere to the following health and safety protocols:
- All persons entering a branch facility are required to have a face-covering in their possession. Those without a face-covering shall be provided one by court security.
- All persons must complete a health screening protocol that includes assessment and temperature taking before entering.
- Social distancing protocols, practices and markings must be followed.
- All persons are required to wear face-coverings in any area identified as a “Mask Mandatory Area” within a court facility. Mask Mandatory Areas include, but are not limited to, courtrooms, jury assembly areas, law libraries, self-help centers, information counters, clerk windows or filing counters, probation office lobbies, electronic monitoring installation areas and detention facilities. All Mask Mandatory Areas will be posted with appropriate signs.
- Face-coverings are optional in all non-posted areas of a branch facility.
- All unvaccinated persons entering Court facilities are urged to wear face coverings while in any area of the facility.
If you are unsure about the status of a case or have difficulty accessing the courtroom, please contact the public information office at 602-506-7032.
Superior Court Department Operations
Most court hearings are being held remotely while many have been rescheduled. Please check the status of a case before travelling to the courthouse. To safeguard the health of everyone, please do not visit the courthouse if you are ill; instead, contact your attorney or the judicial division hearing your matter to reschedule your court appearance. Click a court department from the list below to learn more.
- Email Criminal Department
- Tips for appearing remotely in a criminal proceeding
- COVID-19 Criminal Trial Practices and Procedures
- Administrative Order 2020-115: Resuming In Person Criminal Department Proceedings
- Watch Judge Fisk's webinar on Criminal Department Operations (Recorded live 8/20/20)
- IPTC Statement - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- IPTC Statement - Word (document; can edit)
- IPTC Statement - PDF
- CPTC Statement - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- CPTC Statement - Word (document; can edit)
- CPTC Statement- PDF
- Complex Case Joint Pretrial Plan - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- Complex Case Joint Pretrial Plan - Word (document; can edit)
- Complex Case Joint Pretrial Plan - PDF
- Complex Case Joint Case Management Report - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- Complex Case Joint Case Management Report - Word (document; can edit)
- Complex Case Joint Case Management Report- PDF
- Status Conference Report - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- Status Conference Report - Word (document; can edit)
- Status Conference Report - PDF
- Joint Settlement Conference Statement - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- Joint Settlement Conference Statement - Word (document; can edit)
- Joint Settlement Conference Statement - PDF
- Settlement On Demand Calendaring Form - Word (fillable form; locked file)
- Settlement On Demand Calendaring Form - Word (document; can edit)
- Settlement On Demand Calendaring Form - PDF
- LIVE Chat with Family Department Staff
- COVID-19 Parenting Time Guidelines (directrices de régimen de visitas a nivel estatal durante la pandemia del COVID-19)
- Getting an Order of Protection from Superior Court during the Pandemic
- Unemployment Insurance Garnishment for Child Support
- Child Support and the CARES Act FAQs
- Tips for appearing remotely in court
- Contact the Civil Department
- 602-506-1497 (Phx)
- 602-506-2021 (Mesa)
- Tips for appearing remotely in a civil proceeding
- Contact the LCAA Department
- Contact the Tax Department
- Contact the Juvenile Department
- 602-506-4533 (Phx)
- 602-506-2544 (Mesa)
- Email Mental Health Department
Superior Court Service Operations
- LIVE Chat with Jury Administration Staff
- 602-506-JURY (5879)
- LIVE Chat with Law Library staff
- Directory of Local Libraries (Bibliotecas locales
durante la COVID-19)
- Email request for public records
COVID-19 Court Communications
- December 3, 2020: Presiding Judge Joseph C. Welty issued Administrative Order 2020-170 - In the Matter of Conducting Jury Operations Safely During a Public Health Emergency.
- August 3, 2020: Superior Court in Maricopa County Outlines Steps Taken to Safely Resume Jury Trials Later this Month
- July 1, 2020: Judicial Branch in Maricopa County Suspends Jury Trials through July 31, 2020
- May 29, 2020: Maricopa County Superior Court Announces Transition Plan to Slowly Resume In-Person Operations; Requires Health Screening and Face Masks; Provides for Remote Access to Publicly Available Proceedings
- March 24, 2020: Maricopa Presiding Judge Further Restricts Superior Court Public Access During COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 20, 2020: Maricopa Superior Court Traffic Reduced 40% Amid COVID-19 Concerns; Extends Suspension of Jury Service Through 4/17/20
- March 16, 2020: Judicial Branch Implements Temporary Measures to Mitigate COVID-19 Exposure Risk; Cancels New Jury Selection through March 30, 2020
- March 13, 2020: Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County Addresses COVID-19 Concerns
- Limitations on Entering Superior Court Facilities (Restricciones en cuanto al el ingreso al edificio del tribunal)
- Maricopa County Superior Court Administrative Orders
- File and/or Get Copies of Court Paperwork at the following Clerk of Court locations Monday- through Friday during the Pandemic:
- Northeast Regional Facility 18380 North 40th Street Suite 120 in Phoenix
- Central Court Complex 201 West Jefferson Street in Phoenix, AZ
- Northwest Regional Facility 14264 West Tierra Buena Lane in Surprise, Arizona 85374
- Court Administration Directory by Department (Una lista completa de números de teléfono de nuestros funcionarios judiciales por departamento está disponible aquí)
- Domestic Violence Resources
- How to Get a Protective Order in Maricopa County Superior Court during the Pandemic
This page was last updated on: