Conciliation Services: Frequently Asked Questions

The conciliation process assists the parties in making an informed and thoughtful decision regarding their marital relationship. Our services help parties communicate on divorce, reconciliation, legal decision-making, parenting time disputes, and parent education. 

Clinical staff has at least a Master’s Degree in Marital and Family Counseling, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or a related field and three (3) years of postgraduate experience in family counseling, mediation/negotiation, or legal decision-making assessment/evaluation.

Yes, throughout the county.

Counseling for parties contemplating divorce, mediation, and legal decision-making evaluations are available in the community through mental health agencies, private counselors, private mediators, psychologists, and psychiatrists, typically for a fee. For a list of mental health providers go to or call 602-263-8856 or 800-352-3792.

Yes. It is required that each party attends the initial appointment. This service is not marriage counseling. It does not fulfill the marriage counseling requirement of a Covenant Marriage. Conciliation Services is not therapy. This service helps spouses decide what action to take regarding their marital relationship. Actions could include marriage counseling, reconciliation, parenting, or further legal action such as divorce or legal separation.

The Conciliation Court must conduct and complete its services no later than 60 days after the petition requesting conciliation services is filed. 

You will need to bring your request to the Conciliation Court Judge. Blank motion forms are available in the Law Library Resource Center.

Judge Ronda Fisk
Family Presiding Judge
Ronda Fisk

Adis Bosnic

Adis Bosnic
Family Department Administrator
Contact the Family Department

  This page was last updated on: