Decree on Demand
Decree on Demand is a Family Department service that allows individuals whose cases have met the statutory time limit to schedule a default hearing. A default hearing can be scheduled by calling 602-372-3332.
In order to determine if your case is ready for a default hearing, please make sure that you have completed the Default Screening Checklist and have it available when you schedule your hearing. On the date and time of your hearing you will check in at one of these locations:
- Downtown/Phoenix - 201 W. Jefferson Street, 3rd Floor
- Northeast/Phoenix - 18380 N. 40th Street
- Northwest/Surprise - 14264 W. Tierra Buena Lane
- Southeast/Mesa - 222 E. Javelina Avenue
Once you arrive the staff will review your paperwork and file. If any discrepancies are found you will be given an opportunity to correct the discrepancy, if possible, prior to the hearing. Once your paperwork is approved, you will be directed to a courtroom.
Statutory time limits:
- Non-publication dissolution cases require 60 days after service and 10 court days after filing the Application and Affidavit of Default, whichever date is later.
- Publication dissolution matters require 90 days after service and 10 court days after filing the Application and Affidavit for Default, whichever date comes later.
Family Presiding Judge
Bruce R. Cohen
Family Department Administrator
Contact the Family Department
This page was last updated on: