Adult Education and Workforce Services
Adult Education Services
Maricopa County Adult Probation Department's Frank X. Gordon Education Program is a community-based education program open to probationers and members of the community not on probation. We have highly qualified, Arizona Department of Education certified instructors in each center.
We offer FREE education services including:
- GED test preparation classes
- Reading/Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science, and Civics
- Adult Basic Education classes to move you up to the high school/GED levels
- English language classes for those not fluent in English
- Workforce preparation skills
- Resume assistance
- Interview practice
- Online job searching
- Nationally recognized career credentials
- Digital Literacy skill development
- 24/7 online curriculum access to you can study at home on your schedule
New student registration is offered throughout the year. Every student must be at least 16 years of age and have valid U.S. state-issued identification. You do NOT have to be on probation to enroll.
Southeast Justice Center
222 E Javelina Ave, Multipurpose Rooms 5-6, Mesa, AZ 85201
Western Regional Center (WRC)
6655 West Glendale Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301
1022 East Garfield Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85006
Specialized workforce services are available to anyone enrolled in the adult education classes or on probation/justice involved.
We have a Workforce Development Instructor within the Adult Education Program who can work one-on-one with probationers and education students.
Arizona@Work – Smart Justice
Arizona@Work has a specialized team called Smart Justice who provide assistance to justice involved/probation participants, including:
- Job leads (with second chance employers)
- Apprenticeship and paid work experiences
- Specialized workforce training
- Interview and resume assistance
Smart Justice Coaches
Smart Justice coaches are located in the adult education centers and probation buildings and are also available for appointments and walk in participants.
Chief of Specialized Services
Contact Adult Probation
This page was last updated on: