A.R.S. Supreme Court Rules, Rule 30 (b)
- Request for certified reporter. Any party to any action in Superior Court may request that any proceeding in that action be recorded by a certified court reporter. The Court may grant the request if it is made at least five days prior to the proceeding. If a court reporter is available.
- Making the record in the absence of a timely request for a court reporter. Except as provided for in (3) below, in the absence of a timely request for a certified court reporter the record will be made via electronic recording.
- Proceedings requiring a certified court reporter. The following proceedings shall be recorded by a certified court reporter and not solely by electronic means:
- Grand Jury proceedings;
- All proceedings in a first degree murder case;
- Capital cases;
- Proceedings on a request for authorization of abortion without parental consent, pursuant to A.R.S. 36-2152.
Christopher Bleuenstein, Ph.D
Court Reporting Administrator
Contact the Court Reporters Department
This page was last updated on: