Adult Probation Internship
As part of the Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County, The Maricopa County Adult Probation Department, is an agency of diverse professionals delivering proven resources for change, supporting those impacted by crime and engaging in the development and support of all staff. If you are seeking a career in the criminal justice field, we invite you to apply for an internship with the Probation Department. As we seek the next generation of probation officers and staff, our internship programs will provide interns with a unique opportunity to work along-side probation staff as they perform their daily duties. Bring the knowledge and skills you’ve learned in the classroom and apply them in real-life work situations, learning from professionals while exploring career opportunities. The general focus of our internships is to provide interns with the opportunity to learn about our work in a structured setting and to development professional skills to assist you on your career journey.
Intern Position Functions: While being supervised by a Probation Supervisor, you will work in coordination with and alongside a certified probation or surveillance officer. Some of the areas you may experience are;
- Evidence based practices; what does the evidence shows works and what doesn’t work in changing behavior.
- What assessments are used to determine risk and needs of Justice Involved Individuals and how to develop a case plan.
- What documents and computer programs are used for documenting, researching and completing our daily work.
- Participate in field work as a ride-a-long with a probation or surveillance officer as they perform their duties in the community.
- Experience the Court room environment; what documents are produced and provided to the Court, what testifying in Court looks and feels like, and professionally interact with Judicial staff.
Interns Schedule: Typically interns work between 8-15 hours per week. This schedule is flexible based on the needs of the probation department and the learning objectives of the intern.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED and must pass a criminal background check.
Desired Applicants: If you are a person seeking a real-world working experience, are enthusiastic about learning and are seeking to improve your professional skills, maybe an internship with the Adult Probation Department is right for you. We encourage you to apply and explore what the Judicial Branch in Maricopa County has to offer you.
For questions regarding internships, please contact:
HR Special Programs Coordinator
This page was last updated on: