Juvenile Department Court Operations Internship
This internship will provide the candidate with a clear understanding of how Court Operations assists internal and external customers. Interns will assist the public with confidential information and create documents specific to the judicial officers and their staff. Interns will collaborate with Management to perform different tasks and projects, such as procedure updates, processing petitions working with E-file, and reassigning cases.
Primary Duties of the Position:
- Familiarize oneself with juvenile justice and child welfare systems. Become proficient in understanding the Juvenile Department process and relevant Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Regular use of automated computer-based software and appropriate internet searches.
- Work with the to assist with questions, directions, or courtroom information.
- Hands on training with the Lead for completion of adoptions checklists to the division.
- Work with staff to assist in processing all types of petitions except for dependency.
- Assist the Supervisor with continual projects pertaining to adoptions and Court Operations duties.
- Process fingerprints for Maricopa County adoptions cases.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED and must pass criminal background check.
For questions regarding internships, please contact:
HR Special Programs Coordinator
This page was last updated on: