Correct (Amend) a Birth Certificate for an MINOR
- You are the parent or guardian of a minor child who was born in the state of Arizona who is less than 18 years old, and there is an error on the child's birth certificate other than the child's name* or there is an error in the child's name and some other item of information.*
- The Arizona Office of Vital Records was unable to make the correction, and you want the Court to issue an Order to correct the error(s).
- You are prepared to present a certified copy of the minor's Arizona birth certificate that contains the incorrect information.
- You are able to present evidence supporting what you say is the correct information, AND
- You understand that if the evidence you have present with this Petition or that you bring to court with you is not enough to satisfy the Court:
- You may be ordered to return to court with more/other supporting information, or
- Your case may be dismissed and you will not receive a refund of any court fees.
You may not use this packet to:
- Request a legal name change,*
- Change the identity of either parent, or
- Establish paternity if no one is listed as the father.
* There are separate packets available from the Law Library Resource Center to request a change of name.
Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.
Correct a Birth Certificate for a MINOR - CVABM1
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: