To Request a Deferral (Delayed Payment or Payment Plan) for Court Fees (Forms used at the beginning of a case)
You may use these forms and instructions in this packet if...
- You need to have payment of filing fees and/or other court fees and costs deferred, that is, you need to pay later, AND,
- Your case is a family court (domestic relations), civil, non-guardianship juvenile, tax, or mental health case, AND,
- You understand that since waivers, which excuse payment completely, are rarely granted at the beginning of a case, if your request for deferral is granted you will later receive either a bill for the full amount or a payment plan from the Court, AND,
- You understand that when you receive that bill or payment plan, you may then file a "Supplemental Application for Further Deferral or Waiver" to request more time to pay or for the court to waive payment of fees and costs completely, AND,
- You understand that filing these forms does not guarantee your fees will be deferred or waived, but that deferral or waiver will be granted if you meet the requirements established by law.
- You understand that effective February 1, 2009, IF your request for deferral is granted, a charge of $30 will be added to your deferred fees.
Fee Deferral Application - GNF1
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: