To start the legal separation process when minor children are involved

You may use the forms on this page if the following factors apply to your situation :
  • You want to file for legal separation; AND

Warning: If the other party does not want a Legal Separation, the Court may change the Petition for Legal Separation into a Petition for Divorce if you and/or your spouse have lived in Arizona for the last 90 days prior to filing the Petition for Legal Separation.

  • You do not have a "covenant marriage;"* AND
  • You or your spouse either live in Arizona or are a member of the armed services stationed in Arizona; AND
  • Either you or both you and your spouse desire to live separate and apart or your marriage is irretrievably broken (over); AND
  • You and your spouse have minor children with each other; AND
  • The minor children have resided (lived) in Arizona at least 6 months before you will file the Petition for Legal Separation or you talked to a lawyer who advised you that even so you could pursue the case in Arizona.

*What is a "Covenant Marriage?" To have a "covenant marriage," both spouses would have had to:

  1. sign papers (essentially a contract) requesting a covenant marriage; AND
  2. attend pre-marital counseling; AND
  3. your marriage license would say "Covenant Marriage."

If you were married before August 21, 1998 and have not signed papers to convert your marriage to a "covenant marriage", you do not have a "covenant marriage". See A.R.S. § 25-904 for requirements for legal separation for a "covenant marriage". If you still have questions about whether you have a "covenant marriage," see a lawyer for help.

Use the easy-to-use child support calculator at ezCourtForms to create a Child Support Worksheet.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. 

To start the legal separation process when minor children are involved - Instructions and Forms - DRLSC1

Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
or download instructions and forms individually
Instructions: How to fill out the forms - drlcs10i
Parenting Plan Information - drcvg12h
How to complete a Spousal Maintenance Worksheet - drsm12h
Procedures: How to file the forms - drlsc10p
Family Department Sensitive Data Cover Sheet - drsds10f-c
Summons - dr11f
Preliminary Injunction - dr14f
Petition for Legal Separation with Minor Children - drlsc10f
Order and Notice for Parent Information Program - dr12f
Affidavit Regarding Minor Children - drcvg13f
Parenting Plan - drcvg11f
Notice Regarding Creditors - dr16f
Child Support Worksheet (use ezCourtForms) - drs12f

The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.

  This page was last updated on: