To Stop Income Withholding Order When Both Parties Agree

You may use the forms on this page if the following factors apply to your situation :
  • An "Income Withholding Order" has been issued by a court in Maricopa County against one of the parties to collect court-ordered child support and/or spousal maintenance (alimony), AND,
  • ALL parties will sign the "Agreement to Stop the Income Withholding Order (and Support Order(s))" in front of a Clerk of the Court or a Notary, AND,
  • If the state of Arizona (DES) was involved in your case, a representative of that agency will also sign the "Agreement ", AND

Both of the following conditions apply:

  • The person making payments does not owe any more money under this Order or the obligation to pay will end within 90 days of filing this "Agreement".
  • There is no money owed for back child support or spousal maintenance arrears, AND Current payments should stop because: all children named in the Support Order are 18 and not attending high school; all spousal maintenance is paid; or other condition for stopping child support or maintenance has occurred, such as:
  • Parties have remarried each other (copy of "Marriage Certificate" attached),
  • The (support) case has been dismissed or Legal Decision Making (Custody) changed by court order*
  • Child adopted by someone else, and all past-due amounts have been satisfied, *
  • Person receiving payments or child for whom support being paid is deceased,* * If court order is not from this county, a copy of the Order of Dismissal, Legal Decision Making (Custody) or Adoption will be required. If a party or child deceased, proof such as copy of death certificate or obituary notice will be required.


  • The other party will not sign the "Agreement to Stop Income Withholding Order."
  • Money is still owed for current or past due child support or spousal maintenance (alimony) according to the underlying Order for support or maintenance.
  • There has never been an "Income Withholding Order" in this case. (Note: If money is still owed but the amount should be changed, refer to the Self-Service Center packets to modify the Income Withholding Order and/or the Support Order to determine whether either applies to your situation.

NOTE: If your "Income Withholding Order" was issued after January 1, 2005, there may be an automatic stop date on the Order. If there is and that date is correct, you do not need to file anything to stop the Order, though you may want to make sure the payroll department of whomever has been making payments is aware of the termination date.

Agreement to Stop Income Withholding Order and All Support Orders When All Parties Will Sign Agreement to Terminate - drswa7

Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
or download instructions and forms individually
How to fill out the forms to stop an Income Withholding Order and All Support Orders by Agreement - drswa11i
What to do after you have completed the forms - drswa11p
Agreement to stop Income Withholding Order and All Support Orders - drswa11f
Order Stopping Income Withholding Order and All Support Orders - drsw82f
Current Employer Info Sheet - drs88f

The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.

  This page was last updated on: