Serving / Giving Notice of a Petition for Dependency or Severance (Termination) of Parental Rights
- You have filed a petition in the Juvenile Court for either:
- Dependency, or
- Termination of Parental Rights ("Severance"), AND
- You understand you are required to "serve notice" to parties legally entitled to receive notice of your filing. This includes the minor's parents, legal guardian, custodian (a person with whom the minor is or has been living), or other person claiming a right to receive notice, AND
- You understand that your case cannot proceed until you have provided proof to the court that notice has been given in a manner permitted by law, AND
- You understand that you may NOT hand-deliver the papers to the other party unless he or she (and no one else) will sign an "Acceptance of Service" form in front of a Notary or Clerk of Superior Court and return the form for you to file with the Court or file it his or her self.
Serving a Petition for Dependency or Severance of Parental Rights - JV2
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: