Open and Continuous Solicitations
190148-ROQ Language Services: Interpreting; Transcription/Translation; American Sign Language
This solicitation is for the Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County [Court] and Maricopa County [County] departments, to obtain responsive and responsible, qualified interpreters and transcriptionists and/or translators, to provide Spanish and Lesser-Used Languages (LUL) interpretation for litigants and court users with Limited-English Proficiency (LEP). Transcription and/or translation services are used in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: audio/video recordings or police and forensic interviews, 911 calls, confrontation calls, jail video visitations, body worn camera footage, undercover recordings, wire taps, court documents, affidavits, letters, forms, transcripts, and brochures. American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation and Transcription/Translation Services provided for litigants and court users who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, and/or blind.
Qualified Offerors shall be placed on the Qualified Roster List and their services shall be used based on demand, skills, and experience.
The Court/County needs Spanish and Lesser-Used Languages (LUL) interpreters to provide assistance to LEP individuals in all case types and in a variety of settings, including but not limited to: initial appearances; arraignments; pre-trial hearings; trials; sentencing hearings; settlement disputes; attorney/client interviews; pre-sentence investigation interviews; post-conviction matters; counseling/treatment services; meetings with probation officers; arbitration; mediation; expedited visitation; parent information classes; conciliation; and other assignments/services as needed/ordered.
The Court/County reserves the right, during the term of the contract, to assign tasks on an as needed basis.
Submissions will be swept on a weekly basis (close of business on Fridays) through March 31, monthly (close of business on the last day of the month) from April through June, and then quarterly thereafter (close of business on the last day of the quarter); 1st Quarter (July – September); 2nd Quarter (October – December); 3rd Quarter (January – March); 4th Quarter (April – June). The awards, if any, shall be dependent upon; evaluation and acceptance by the Evaluation Team, receipt of final documentation, successful background checks, and vendor registration. The expected time-frame is 2 to 3 weeks post the applicable sweep. Please note that any vendors added via this process shall be awarded a contract for the balance of the original contract that commenced on February 15, 2019 and will expire on February 28, 2024.
For respondents to the solicitation:
- You shall download all of the documents below.
- Using the solicitation instructions found on pages 2 and 3 of the 190148 Solicitation Instruction document, you shall provide all response documentation exactly per those instructions. Failure to comply will result in the rejection of your offer.
- Any inquiry related to a solicitation, including any requests for or inquiries regarding standards referenced in the solicitation shall be directed solely to the Procurement Officer via email at JBProcurement@jbazmc.maricopa.gov. The email for clarification shall contain the solicitation number in the title of the email. The Offeror shall not contact or direct inquiries concerning this solicitation to any other Court employee. The Court shall consider the relevancy of the inquiry but is not required to respond in writing.
- 190148 Solicitation Instructions
- Instructions for Preparing Solicitation Response
- 190148 Scope of Work
- 190148 Language Services Draft Contract
- 190148 Offeror's Questionaire
- Exhibit 1 CITS Historical Data Language Summary 2017-2018
- Exhibit 2 JSTIS Hist Interp and TT Request
- Price Sheet Rev 1
- Temporary COVID-19 Interpreting Rates
- Exhibit 3.1 Respondent Information and Rate Worksheet
- Exhibit 4 CITS Code of Ethics
- Exhibit 5 JSTIS T&T Guidelines and Templates
- Exhibit 6 Supporting Documentation JSTIS Invoice Adjustments Credits
- Exhibit 7 TT Certification of Accuracy
- Exhibit 8 JSTIS Sample Interpreter Request
- Exhibit 9 JSTIS Transcription Translation Request Sample
- Exhibit 10 CITS Sample Interpreter Request form
- Exhibit 11 Interpreter Equipment
Contact Judicial Branch Procurement Office
The Court may, for select services, allow for open and continuous solicitations. This means that during the term of the contract, additional vendors may be added without the release of a formal solicitation, provided that the Offerors abide by the solicitation instructions.
This page was last updated on: