The Maricopa County Juvenile Probation Department strives to have detention centers and related programming that meet the needs of protecting juveniles and the community, but also to give those juveniles tools they will need to be successful when they are released from detention.
Arizona requires each county to operate a detention center for juveniles who:
- Are likely to commit an offense injurious to self or others
- Need custodial protection for their own interests or the interests of the public
- May be charged as adults for a serious offense
- Would not appear for a court hearing if they were not detained, or
- Must be held for another jurisdiction
This page was last updated on: