Application for Change of Name for an Entire Family
- You are a resident of the county where you are filing this request, AND,
- You want to ask the Court to change the name of your family (yourself and/or your spouse and/or minor children), AND,
- You are either the husband/father or wife/mother of that family.
- You are prepared under penalty of perjury to inform the Court whether you have ever been convicted of a felony and whether there are any pending charges against you for a felony or other offense involving false statements or misrepresentation of identity, AND,
- You understand the name change will neither harm your rights nor release you from any obligations or liabilities incurred under your current name, AND,
- You are not changing your name to that of another person for the purpose of committing any crime or furthering any offense involving fraud or misrepresentation of identity.
DO NOT USE THESE FORMS TO:
- Change your name because you got married.
- Add a father's name to birth certificates or establish paternity
NOTE: For information about name changes that can be obtained without going to court, such as to correct a birth certificate within five years of birth, visit the web site of the Arizona Office of Vital Records
The State Vital Records Office at 1818 W. Adams, Phoenix, AZ 85007, is only available for mail-in service. Vital Records general telephone number is 602-364-1300. Please call for another walk-in location. A fee is required for a change to any birth certificate.
Be sure the documents are in the following order:
Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.
Request a Change of Name for a Family - CVNCF1
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: