To start the divorce process when there are minor children (non-covenant marriage only)

You may use the forms on this page if the following factors apply to your situation :
  • You want to file a petition for divorce; AND
  • You do not have a "covenant marriage"* (covenant marriage is an unusual situation; most people will not have a covenant marriage); AND
  • You and your spouse have minor children with each other; AND
  • The minor child(ren) resided (lived) in Arizona at least 6 months before you file the petition or you talked to a lawyer who advised you that you could pursue the case in Arizona; AND
  • Either spouse lived in Arizona at least 90 days before you file the Petition, or is a member of the armed forces and is stationed in Arizona at least 90 days before you file; AND
  • You believe that the marriage is irretrievably broken (you and your spouse cannot make this marriage work); AND
  • You or your spouse have either tried to resolve your marital problems through Conciliation Services, or there is no point in trying to resolve your marital problems.

*What is a "Covenant Marriage?" To have a "covenant marriage," both spouses would have had to:

  1. sign papers (essentially a contract) requesting a covenant marriage; AND
  2. attend pre-marital counseling; AND
  3. your marriage license would say "Covenant Marriage."

If you were married before August 21, 1998 and have not signed papers to convert your marriage to a "covenant marriage", you do not have a "covenant marriage". See A.R.S. § 25-904 for requirements for legal separation for a "covenant marriage". If you still have questions about whether you have a "covenant marriage," see a lawyer for help.

Use the easy-to-use child support calculator at ezCourtForms to create a Child Support Worksheet.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process.

To start the divorce process when minor children are involved - Instructions and Forms - DRDC1

Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
or download instructions and forms individually
Instructions: How to fill out the forms - drdc10i
Parenting Plan Information - drcvg12h
Procedures: How to file the forms - drdc10p
Family Department Sensitive Data Cover Sheet -drsds10fc
Summons - dr11f
Preliminary Injunction - dr14f
Petition for Dissolution of Non-Covenant Marriage with Minor Children - drdc15f
Notice of Your Rights About Health Insurance Coverage - drd16f
Order and Notice to Attend Parent Information Program - dr12f
Affidavit Regarding Minor Children - drcvg13f
Parenting Plan - drcvg11f
Notice Regarding Creditors - dr16f
Child Support Worksheet (use ezCourtForms) - drs12f

The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.

  This page was last updated on: