Responding to a legal separation when minor children are involved
- You want to file a response to a petition for legal separation with minor children; AND
- You do not have a "covenant marriage;"* AND
- You do not agree with what your spouse wrote in the Petition.
*What is a "Covenant Marriage?" To have a "covenant marriage," both spouses would have had to:
- sign papers (essentially a contract) requesting a covenant marriage; AND
- attend pre-marital counseling; AND
- your marriage license would say "Covenant Marriage."
If you were married before August 21, 1998 and have not signed papers to convert your marriage to a "covenant marriage", you do not have a "covenant marriage". See A.R.S. § 25-904 for requirements for legal separation for a "covenant marriage". If you still have questions about whether you have a "covenant marriage," see a lawyer for help.
Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process.
Responding to a legal separation when minor children are involved - Instructions and Forms - DRLSC3
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: