You may use the forms on this page if the following factors apply to your situation:

  • You have an "Income Withholding Order" that was entered in Maricopa County, AND
  • You wish to modify the order, AND
  • All parties agree to modify the Income Withholding Order, AND
  • You have notarized signatures of all parties on the agreement (as well as the signature of the IV-D agency representative if any party is using the child support collection services of the state).
  • At least one of the following conditions applies to you:

You want to "modify the Income Withholding Order" because:

  • The amount shown in the "Income Withholding Order" is wrong or was changed by court order;
  • You have paid up all amounts you owed for past-due support and/or spousal maintenance (alimony), and only have to pay current child support and/or spousal maintenance, which will make your monthly payments go down;
  • You still owe money for past due child support or spousal maintenance, but the current payments for maintenance or support should stop because the child named on the order has turned 18 and is out of school or one of the other conditions for ending payments listed in the child support order or permitted by law has occurred - so you should pay less;
  • The "Child Support Order" is based on an amount per child, per month, and one or more of the children have married, died, reached age 18, or other condition for ending child support listed on the child support order or permitted by law has been met, so you should pay less. (Note: If the support order does not state a separate amount PER CHILD, you may need to change the Child Support Order - not the Income Withholding Order).

Do NOT use the forms and instructions in this packet if the following factors apply to you:

  • You want to lower the amount of the assignment because your income is now lower (You must file a request or agreement to change / modify the Child Support Order)!
  • You want to stop the Income Withholding Order completely (If so, you must file forms to STOP (not modify) the Income Withholding Order;
  • The parties do not agree to Modify the Income Withholding Order;
  • The other party will not sign the agreement (in front of a notary or court clerk).

READ ME: Filing documents with the Court may lead to serious and sometimes unintended results. Consult an attorney to help guard against undesired and unexpected consequences. The Law Library Resource Center has a list of lawyers who can give you legal advice and who can help you on a task-by-task basis for a fee.

Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.

Request to Change Income Withholding Order When Parties Agree - DRMWA7

Or download instructions and forms individually


How to Fill Out Forms to Change an Income Withholding Order by Agreement - drmwa11i


What to do After Completing All Forms - drmwa11p


Agreement to Modify Income Withholding Order - drmwa11f


Current Employer Info Sheet - drs88f

Disclaimer: The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.

Have a question?

Let's Chat