Application for Change of Name of an Adult Who is the Parent of at Least One Minor Child
- You are a resident of the county where you are filing this request, AND,
- You want to ask the Court to change your name, AND,
- You are an adult 18 years or older, AND,
- You are the parent of at least one minor child, AND,
- You are prepared under penalty of perjury to inform the Court whether you have ever been convicted of a felony and whether there are any pending charges against you for a felony or other offense involving false statements or misrepresentation of identity, AND,
- You understand the name change will neither harm your rights nor release you from any obligations or liabilities incurred under your current name, AND,
- You are not changing your name to that of another person for the purpose of committing any crime or furthering any offense involving fraud or misrepresentation of identity.
DO NOT USE THESE FORMS TO CHANGE YOUR NAME BECAUSE YOU GOT MARRIED.
NOTE: You do not need to request a name change through the Court if you get married and want to use your spouse's last name.
Packets contain ALL forms and ALL instructions needed for this process. Where there are separate packets for Instructions and Forms, get BOTH packets.
Request a Change of Name for an Adult With at Least One Minor Child - CVNCC1
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: