To change (modify) legal decision-making (legal custody) and parenting time
- You want to file court papers to change legal decision-making (legal custody) and parenting time and child support, AND,
- The other party will not agree to the change, AND,
- The court order that you want to change is a Maricopa County Order, AND,
- One or more of the following has occurred:
- Domestic violence, spousal abuse or child abuse occurred after the Court entered the custody order, OR,
- The minor child(ren)'s present surroundings may endanger the child(ren)'s physical, mental, or emotional health, OR,
- The joint legal decision making (custody) order that you want changed is at least six months ago and the other party has not complied with the order, OR,
- The order you want changed is at least one year ago and changing the order is in the best interests of the child(ren).
WARNING: If the order you want to change is not from Maricopa County or State of Arizona, there are additional requirements and steps needed before you can file your Petition (Request) with this Court.
Modify legal decision-making and parenting time - Instructions and Forms - DRMC1
Download Packet Descargar todos los formularios
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: