Judicial Branch Communications
The Communications Office is responsible for the public communication from the Judicial Branch to the public, news media, community groups and other stakeholders. The office provides initial case information to news organizations, coordinates news cameras to be present in the Courtroom, updates the public on significant and high-profile cases, facilitates court tours for hundreds of local students each year, and maintains the Branch’s social media presence online.
UPDATED 7-27-20 2020 Ballot Initiative Challenges
COVID-19 Press Releases
- July 1, 2020: Judicial Branch in Maricopa County Suspends Jury Trials through July 31, 2020
- May 29, 2020: Maricopa County Superior Court Announces Transition Plan to Slowly Resume In-Person Operations; Requires Health Screening and Face Masks; Provides for Remote Access to Publicly Available Proceedings
- March 24, 2020: Maricopa Presiding Judge Further Restricts Superior Court Public Access During COVID-19 Pandemic
- March 20, 2020: Maricopa Superior Court Traffic Reduced 40% Amid COVID-19 Concerns; Extends Suspension of Jury Service Through 4/17/20
- March 16, 2020: Judicial Branch Implements Temporary Measures to Mitigate COVID-19 Exposure Risk; Cancels New Jury Selection through March 30, 2020
- March 13, 2020: Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County Addresses COVID-19 Concerns
COVID-19 Media Coverage of Court Operations
June 12, 2020: "Called up for jury duty? Here's what it will be like under COVID-19" Lauren Castle, AZ Republic
June 1, 2020: Presiding Judge Joseph C. Welty Gives Update on Court Operations during the Pandemic on KJZZ's "The Show"
March 25, 2020: Presiding Judge Joseph C. Welty Explains COVID-19 Court Operations on KJZZ's "The Show"
This page was last updated on: