To establish paternity, legal decision-making (legal custody), parenting time and child support
Step 1 of 4:
Introduction and the First Court Papers - Court forms and instructions to file a petition to establish paternity, and also get an order of legal decision-making (legal custody), parenting time and child support.
For Step 2 of 4:
Service of the Papers - General information and/or court forms and instructions about serving court papers on the other party.
For Step 3 of 4, choose only one of the following:
Respond - Court forms and instructions to respond to a petition to establish paternity.
Default: When the other party does not respond - Court forms and instructions to apply for a default hearing in court when the other party does not respond in writing to the court.
Step 4 of 4:
Completing the Process for the Paternity Order - Court forms and instructions on going to the final default hearing, submitting your proposed default order without a hearing, or getting the court order after trial.
Consent Judgment - Court forms and instructions about paternity when both parties agree on everything.
Other Information and Forms You May Want:
- Paternity/Legal Decision-Making/Parenting Time Step-by Step Guide - English - Spanish
- Disclosure Statement - English | Spanish
- Resolution Statement for Paternity/Legal Decision-Making - English | Spanish
- Mediation - Court forms and instructions about Mediation Services
- Waiver or Deferral of Court Fees and Costs - Court forms to ask the court to waive or defer fees and costs
- Request the Court to Change Your Address or Name - Court forms and instructions to ask the court to update its records because of a change of your address or name
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: