Legal Separation when no minor children are involved (non-covenant marriage only)
Step 1 of 4:
- Introduction and the First Court Papers - Court forms and instructions about filing for legal separation papers of a non-covenant marriage when there are no minor children.
Step 2 of 4:
- Service of the Papers - General information and/or court forms and instructions about serving court papers on the other party.
For Step 3 of 4, choose only one of the following:
- Response - Contain court forms and instructions about responding to legal separation papers filed by your spouse when there are no minor children.
- Default: When the other party does not respond - Court forms and instructions about how to get a default hearing for a legal separation when there are no minor children.
- Motion to Set for Trial - Court forms and instructions to prepare for going to trial. English PDF - Spanish PDF
Step 4 of 4:
- Default Decree or Decree for Trial - Court forms and instructions about completing the legal separation process when there are no minor children.
- Consent Decree - Forms and instructions about the legal separation process when both parties agree on everything.
Other Information and Forms You May Want:
- Divorce/Legal Separation Process Step-by-Step Guide - English - Spanish
- Disclosure Statement - English | Spanish
- Resolution Statement for Divorce/Legal Separation - English | Spanish
- Temporary Orders - Court forms and instructions about Requesting Temporary Orders.
- Conciliation - Court forms and instructions about Requesting Conciliation Services (Free Marital Counseling).
- Mediation - Court forms and instructions about Mediation Services.
- Waiver or Deferral of Court Fees and Costs - Court forms to ask the court to waive or defer fees and costs.
- Request the Court to Change Your Address or Name - Court forms and instructions to ask the court to update its records because of a change of your address or name.
The files included within the Law Library Resource Center's website are copyrighted. Users have permission to use the files, forms, and information for any lawful purpose. The files and forms are not intended to be used to engage in the unauthorized practice of law. The Court assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability tor actions taken by the users of these documents, including reliance on their contents. All files are under continual revision. If you are not using these forms right away, or if you plan to use them repeatedly, we strongly recommend that you check the site regularly to determine whether the files you are using have been updated.
This page was last updated on: